Author Topic: SB Android  (Read 95 times)

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
    • ScriptBasic Open Source Project
SB Android
« on: March 21, 2019, 02:56:56 PM »
I pulled out of the closet my old Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Tablet that I had rooted that had Script BASIC running on it. I'm going to try running SB on my Samsung S8+ phone. Even though they are both ARM/Android Linux the architecture may have changed. I'll post something if it works.

Here is Script BASIC reporting it's version info via a RDB connection to my Ubuntu box.

shell@android:/system/bin # ./scriba -v
ScriptBasic v2.1
Variation >>STANDARD<< build 1
Magic value 859011641
Node size is 24
Extension interface version is 11
Compilation: Jun  9 2012 21:02:43
shell@android:/system/bin #

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
Re: SB Android
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 03:44:42 PM »
I can't seem to find a directory on my S8 that will allow me to execute scriba. The SDCARD in non-executable by default. My searches on this indicate /data/local/tmp may be used to execute programs but it doesn't seem to be true.

I think I can use /data/data/org.connectbot/files if the S8 would allow me to copy /mnt/sdcard/sb/scriba without a permission error. I can  create and chmod in the files directory.

Any ideas how to get scriba there?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 04:40:52 PM by John »

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
Re: SB Android
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 05:23:29 PM »
I was able to get scriba copied to the /data/local/tmp directory and chmod to an executable. Seems I'm SoL with greater than Android 5.0.

dream2qltesq:/data/local/tmp $ ./scriba -v
"./scriba": error: Android 5.0 and later only support position-independent executables (-fPIE).
1|dream2qltesq:/data/local/tmp $