Author Topic: JADE - A Sneak Peek  (Read 13044 times)

kryton9

Re: JADE - A Sneak Peek
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2013, 11:23:38 PM »
Jade WXWidgets in Linux Mint 15 VM.

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
    • ScriptBasic Open Source Project
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2013, 11:24:34 PM »
Been there, done that.

Where is the WINBox version?

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2013, 09:51:46 AM »
I'm going to be spending my time with the C BASIC side of this effort going forward. AIR has made outstanding progress with the C++ version called JADE. It would be great if others would join in and help bring JADE to a release state. Much of AIR's efforts can be shared with the C BASIC project.

I have found while converting the Wetspot II game to C BASIC that a SB script (eventually a C BASIC program) could do the conversion work and allow the C BASIC project to have a wider variety of examples to use and learn from. My hope is that Charles will find the time to continue with his C emitter project which is how C BASIC was born and provides the missing BASIC functionality that core C depends on external libraries for. I also plan to include the CERN CINT (C interpreter/debugger) as an integral part of the C BASIC solution.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:03:39 AM by John »

Offline AIR

• RETIRED
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2013, 11:42:21 AM »
FLTK Windows Screenshot.

Compiled under MinGW32 with:
Code: [Select]
g++ -Os fltkdemo.cpp -I /c/Users/arivera1271/FLTK-WIN32/include/ -L /c/
Users/arivera1271/FLTK-WIN32/lib/ -lfltk -mwindows -lole32 -luuid -lcomctl32  -o fltkdemo-win

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 11:44:29 AM by AIR »

kryton9

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2013, 01:50:52 PM »
BASIC programmers aren't going to really do any of the advanced C++ stuff, like OOP, Templates  and such.
Air has already shown JADE can work with any c/c++ library, so no need to keep adding more examples in my opinion.

I am going to start working on my fork that will be geared towards people coming from OOP type scripting languages
to C++ and for users like me who have been using C++, but want to work with soothing looking code and not has symbolic.

kryton9

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2013, 05:10:20 PM »
Congrats AIR on the JADE release, hope people take the time to check it out.

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
JADE - AIR C++ BASIC
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2015, 06:38:50 AM »
James posted message about AIR's JADE project and I thought it might be helpful to mention this existing thread. I agree with James that JADE needs more attention.

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
Re: JADE - AIR C++ BASIC
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2015, 06:43:07 AM »
I think the work AIR has done with JADE (framework) and the KoolB BASIC translator married could be an interesting pair.

Quote from: James Fuller
Don't use guilt by association as a reason to not try it, because AIR is one outstanding coder.

I feel the same way about your fork of BCX. You were also a great programmer/contributor at one time until you joined the BBB. (Bitter BASIC Bunch)

Quote from: Paul Dunn
Didn't JRS start something like that a while ago? IIRC he abandoned it because he couldn't get it to work properly or some such.

Misinformed again Paul. You really need to let go of the past. The C BASIC project which JADE was a fork of, is standard equipment in Script BASIC (basext.h) to extend the already existing #define and macro syntax Peter Verhas instigated.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 10:27:33 AM by John »