Author Topic: C to VB  (Read 7707 times)

aurel

C to VB
« on: October 25, 2011, 11:21:19 PM »
I found sometimes ,somewhere C to VB translator but i cannot found this thing
If i remember this program is written in VB 6.0...
Anyone know something more... ???

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
    • ScriptBasic Open Source Project
Re: C to VB
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 07:02:53 AM »
The BCX project has a VB5/6 converter to C but it's pretty old and I don't know if it is still being maintained.

Personally I don't see the point unless you have a client that doesn't want to go the VB.NET route and looking of alternatives.

aurel

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 08:37:25 AM »
Personally I don't see the point
I see...
As we all know ,that most great opensource programs are written in C /C++ ,right?
So this type of converter will do the great job of converting C code to VB,FB or any other basic.

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
    • ScriptBasic Open Source Project
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 10:01:21 AM »
So this type of converter will do the great job of converting C code to VB,FB or any other basic.

Opps. I thought you were looking for a VB to C conversion utility. You're going to have a hard time finding something that converts C to anything.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 10:04:05 AM by JRS »

Marcus

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 12:12:20 PM »

Opps. I thought you were looking for a VB to C conversion utility. You're going to have a hard time finding something that converts C to anything.

Ha ha :) At my IRL job I'll start writing an objective c to java translator after x-mas. It'll most likely kick ass. We're developing iphone and android aps on pc with a common framework :) We write code in c++ and it's converted for iPone and soon, I hope, android.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:16:21 PM by Marcus »