Author Topic: BaCon 3.8 Release  (Read 4016 times)

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
    • ScriptBasic Open Source Project
BaCon 3.8 Release
« on: October 06, 2018, 06:25:00 PM »
All,

BaCon version 3.8 has just been released and can be obtained from the BaCon website. Please try to refresh your browser cache if the new package is not visible.

This is a brand new release containing new statements and features.

Some highlights:

• Runtime evaluation of mathematical expressions based on the TinyEXP library from Lewis Van Winkle
  • Embedded ASCII based editor to enable BaCon code editing for limited environments like Android devices
  • Improve error handling and catching
  • The usual bug fixes

Thanks to everybody who has contributed to this latest release, both forum members and also people who have reached out to me by e-mail.

See the full list of changes for more details (please refresh your browser cache to see the latest).

Best regards
Peter

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
Re: BaCon 3.8 Release
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 03:27:19 PM »
AIR,

Do you see an advantage of creating a Script BASIC to BaCon converter or do you think SB is quick enough for most applications?

With the SB extension module API for seamless integration with the BASIC, any performance concerns become a non-issue.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 03:31:11 PM by John »

Offline AIR

• BASIC Developer
  • Coder
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 03:35:03 PM »
AIR,

Do you see an advantage of creating a Script BASIC to BaCon converter or do you think SB is quick enough for most applications?

I see no advantage.  BaCon syntax has some similarities to SB; just use BaCon if you're looking for any performance gains or want to leverage capabilities that BaCon offers.

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 11:37:12 AM »
I just noticed that BaCon is now MIT.

BaCon version 3.8 on Linux armv7l - (c) Peter van Eerten - MIT License