Author Topic: BASIC on the Raspberry pi  (Read 4464 times)

Offline neilld

• Advocate
BASIC on the Raspberry pi
« on: March 24, 2016, 11:01:31 AM »
I've been using BASIC (RTB) on the Raspberry pi for some home projects but now want to experiment with analogue inputs (and outputs) which RTB does not support.  (The promised upgrades have not yet appeared and the development of RTB appears to have stalled probably because the developer has other things to do)
I note that FUZE BASIC (which is a development of RTB) has support for analogue I/P but presumably needs the FUZE hardware.
Has anyone any experience of using FUZE BASIC on a standalone Rpi (with additional A to D hardware) to enable analogue inputs?

DFN

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
    • ScriptBasic Open Source Project
Re: BASIC on the Raspberry pi
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 03:41:18 PM »
Welcome!

Script BASIC is used commercially for its embedded design. You could write a Script BASIC C extension module adding A/D support.

Offline neilld

• Advocate
Re: BASIC on the Raspberry pi
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 02:44:07 AM »
Thanks for reply.  I would if I could.  I'm a user as opposed to a developer.
The analogue input feature(s) are planned for RTB but as yet are not forthcoming.  They appear to be implemented in FUZE BASIC (for the Raspberry pi with (presumably) additional a/d hardware).
FUZE BASIC is a free download for the Pi but I need to know what a/d hardware they are using and how it interfaces with the Pi (I2C, SPI etc).  I haven't yet asked the FUZE people but I suspect they would be reluctant to release any detail of their product for commercial reasons.
thanks again

DFN