Author Topic: Matrix Brandy BASIC — BBC BASIC interpreter for Linux  (Read 4336 times)

Offline scruss

• Contributor
    • We saw a Chicken ...
Matrix Brandy BASIC — BBC BASIC interpreter for Linux
« on: October 10, 2018, 09:25:46 AM »
A fork of the Brandy interpreter is now actively maintained and developed: stardot/MatrixBrandy

It's not quite as plush as Richard's BBC BASIC for SDL, but it's a good and fast interpreter.

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
    • ScriptBasic Open Source Project
Re: Matrix Brandy BASIC — BBC BASIC interpreter for Linux
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 11:49:14 AM »
Is Matrix Brandy a Windows only BASIC?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 12:42:30 PM by John »

Mike Lobanovsky

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 03:10:06 PM »
Is Matrix Brandy a Windows only BASIC?

WAT?

All BASIC » Message Boards » Interpreters » Matrix Brandy BASIC — BBC BASIC interpreter for Linux

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
    • ScriptBasic Open Source Project
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 04:09:52 PM »
I might have Mike confused with someone else that was doing a Windows only version of Brandy. This is the BASIC I gutted the BBC graphic primitives from and made an extension module out of it for Script BASIC and BaCon.

Mike Lobanovsky

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 11:14:12 PM »
Yes I also have a vague recollection of the guy (other than R.Russell) who was promoting Brandy BASIC on the old BP dot org quite a while ago. That clone was for Windows only. Or was it what they call BB4W?

I think it must've been a complete rewrite from scratch because IIRC the original BBC sources didn't belong to R.Russell and he was bound by an NDA to keep them closed and unmodified. I remember him saying that on BP dot org, before he got hunted down to unsubscription by that evil troll that used to call himself fig, or bestof, or something...