Author Topic: Brandy BASIC V  (Read 35472 times)

Mike Lobanovsky

Re: Brandy BASIC V
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2014, 10:28:48 PM »
Calling me an idiot and my efforts were absurd was the last straw.
Was his quitting his own initiative or rather your ban? I don't see him being that outright rude; harsh or straight-forward, yes, but obscene, no. Too bad, anyway...

BTW suprisingly, your Napoleon is a spitting image of Mr. Putin (Russia's President) though he hasn't yet been seen promoting the gay movement.

I don't have any Apple products so maybe AIR or Mike (with his emulator) can try it out on that platform.

I gather AIR is a retired developer, isn't he?

As for me, currently I'm only fiddling with Mac in my emulators but this year I'm planning to use what's left after my HW upgrade to Intel i5 for setting me up a Core2 Duo Hackintosh. My old MB, CPU chip and peripherals aren't exactly on Apple's supported HW list but they will do perfectly well for testing purposes. I don't really see why I'm supposed to spend a fortune on their branded gimmicks until I've tried that OS out thoroughly with my own hands. I do however inherit a legit box version of Snow Leopard from my son. It's not top-notch these days but still usable.

Perhaps then I'll do some actual coding too but until then, I can only offer a try-out of somebody else's software in my emulators.

Landscape versions of the below screen shots have been reduced from 1280 width to 800.

Does that first mesh sample support shadow modes?

Mike Lobanovsky

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2014, 11:07:57 PM »
I don't ban developers. David picked up his ball & bat and left the field.
So be it. Perhaps he reconsiders his decision some day...

He still farts around ...
LOL

How is your Linux project coming along?
It's not yet a project; I'm still getting used to Ubuntu after my old tiny little Slitaz installation that I was using for fun and experiments for a few years. I'm currently involved in another rather important coding activity I'm supposed to finish by the end of January. Perhaps then I'll have more time for getting a closer look at Linux' current programming practices and will eventually start trying to adapt FBSL to alien environments.

I really don't see bank swapping being hard to implement with SDL.
Looks rather similar to ordinary backbuffering. If so then it shouldn't really pose any issues as the technique is rather well-developed.

Offline AIR

• BASIC Developer
  • Coder
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2014, 05:24:18 PM »

I gather AIR is a retired developer, isn't he?

He still farts around with his version of BCX (MBC3) and did the JADE (C++ version of C BASIC) project.

Wise Ass!  LOL.

Been playing with PHP/JS/CSS/MySQL in my spare time lately...

AIR.

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
    • ScriptBasic Open Source Project
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2014, 05:49:46 PM »
Glad to see you are still with us.

I got the Android version of Brandy BASIC V working finally. Not having UNICODE was a PITA. Do you want to give it a try on your Kindle?

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
    • ScriptBasic Open Source Project
AIR
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2014, 01:18:32 AM »
Been playing with PHP/JS/CSS/MySQL in my spare time lately...

You should seriously consider adding jQuery to that list.

Offline AIR

• BASIC Developer
  • Coder
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2014, 04:44:15 AM »
I am, along with Bootstrap.