Author Topic: C BASIC Project  (Read 6048 times)

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
    • ScriptBasic Open Source Project
C BASIC Project
« on: March 09, 2014, 09:09:29 PM »
It seems that I'm the only one interested in the C BASIC direction. I have found that it's a natural extension of the Script BASIC macro and defines currently being used. I have merged cbasic.h with basext.h (extension module interface include) and made it a Script BASIC standard. I have no plans to terminate the C BASIC project or discontinue the Bitbucket repository for it. I hope others find it useful or helps them get over the hump learning C.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 11:50:35 PM by John »

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
Re: C BASIC Project
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 10:45:51 AM »
Quote from: Chrarles Pegge - BP.org
I'm fully prepared to swallow the C pill, and also to dispense with inline Assembly code, so that OxygenBasic can be deployed on different platforms. To minimise dependencies, all the graphics will be OpenGl without any intermediaries. From what I have learned so far, this is perfectly feasible, and fun.

That would be a big boost for the C BASIC project in general. I'm looking forward to implementing O2 code in C BASIC. (SB will benefit as well) If we can only talk Eros to jump on board with C. He would be a huge asset to the C BASIC project.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 10:49:03 AM by John »

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 12:04:57 PM »

Offline Gemino Smothers

• BASIC Developer
    • Lucid Apogee
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2023, 10:53:38 AM »
I am interested in this.

String parsing in C is difficult. I recently tried writing a parsing library, but am having trouble finishing it. Maybe C Basic can help me.

Is it available to download?

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2023, 03:39:37 PM »
The best way to see how C BASIC works is look at some of the extension modules I did. Take a look at the SBT extension module for C BASIC in action.

My direction with C BASIC is to use libscriba (SB in a DLL) to provide high level functions C natively doesn't support.

If your interested in a C++ BASIC, AIR created a more refined solution called JADE. AIR has a repo somewhere. Maybe he will chime in and give us a link.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 03:54:25 PM by John »