Author Topic: All BASIC Sandbox  (Read 37200 times)

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
    • ScriptBasic Open Source Project
All BASIC Sandbox
« on: November 05, 2018, 04:13:59 PM »
I have the All BASIC GitLab CE Sandbox available for establish members. If you're a contributor on the forum, this feature is for you. Public and private repositories. PM me for more details or an account for the sandbox.

GitLab Features  (All BASIC Sandbox)

If you only want to download open source software Community Edition is the best choice. This distribution does not contain proprietary code. Functionally it will behave the same as Enterprise Edition without a license.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 06:58:21 PM by John »

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
All BASIC Sandbox - Script BASIC Development
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 03:20:28 PM »
The Script BASIC Development repository is now active in the All BASIC Sandbox. This repository was initially created by AIR cleaning up the distribution and adding WEEKNUM to the FORMATDATE core SB interpreter. I plan to add the extension modules I have built over the years to be improved on as well.

All BASIC Public Sandbox Repositories

« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 07:05:37 PM by John »

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
Re: All BASIC Sandbox
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 12:21:48 AM »
I ran into a project that sounds interesting called Gitbase. Do you view this tool as beneficial?

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 07:42:20 PM »
The GitLab Web IDE is a great editor that integrates with your project repository seamlessly.

Intro Video

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 04:09:05 PM »
AIR,

Could you post a dependency list and the links to the libraries for download for the SB iOS build? I'm currently doing the same for the Linux version.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 04:10:38 PM by John »

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 11:07:00 AM »
Git Extensions

A toolkit to make working with Git more intuitive.

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
Re: All BASIC Sandbox - Git Kracken
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 06:42:53 PM »
Git Kracken

Easily initialize a brand new project and use the built-in code editor to start working on that project. Add new files and folders, and edit them directly in GitKraken. Save your files, stage and commit your changes. No more context switching!

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 05:09:20 PM »
There seems to be a problem with the Let's Encryp SSL certificate preventing the sandbox from access. I have escalated the issue with Plesk.

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 09:15:45 PM »
I have a temporary workaround that only seems to work with Chrome. Firefox will not allow to ignore the invalid certificate problem. You have to proceed ignoring the security warning.

https://sandbox.allbasic.info:8181

Unfortunately until this is resolvesd, command line git fails to connect due to the security issue. Web browser access to the sandbox is it at the moment.

The problem is GitLab creates it's own Let's Encrypt certs and there is a flaw in the renewal process which exceeds the max count on the Let's Encrypt site.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 09:43:18 PM by John »

Offline AIR

• BASIC Developer
  • Coder
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 10:09:02 PM »
Couldn't you simply disable the Let's Encrypt integration in GitLab and add the sandbox to the allbasic.info site ssl certificate, since it's also using Let's Encrypt?

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 11:20:24 PM »
GitLab creates and renews its certs and it's not a function of the Plesk Let's Encrypt extension. The faulty renewal is using up the 5o certs in a week limit trying to renew itself.  Plesk put a couple hours into trying to resolve it before giving up and saying it's a GitLab issue that needs to be resolved. Normally GitLab CE is run in a container which is what Plesk recommends.

I will look into your idea if it's possible to use the Plesk generated Let's Encrypt extension.

https://docs.gitlab.com/omnibus/settings/ssl.html

https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/omnibus-gitlab/issues/3252

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-secure-gitlab-with-let-s-encrypt-on-ubuntu-16-04

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34189199/how-do-i-use-let-s-encrypt-with-gitlab

« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 12:42:31 AM by John »

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 11:07:23 AM »

Offline AIR

• BASIC Developer
  • Coder
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 12:55:31 PM »
It's always better to learn how to do it manually before relying on front ends like Plesk.

Before you made the changes, when the problem first began, the sandbox was trying to use the cert for the main allbasic.info domain (I checked the cert).  That's why I suggested adding the sandbox subdomain to the primary cert.

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2018, 01:39:22 PM »
I'm working in that direction based on your advice. Plesk is unable to help.

Offline John

• Forum Support / SB Dev
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2018, 07:49:15 PM »
I seem to have made some progress following your path AIR. I disabled Let's Encrypt in GitLab and the green HTPPS lock reappeared. The sub-domain seems to using the main domain allbasic.info certificate.

If you use the :8181 option and accept the security warning in chrome look at the certificate. If I could replace the expire one on Nov. 5th, with a the valid allbasic.info certificate, it may work. I still can't generate any certificates due to over limit.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 07:52:00 PM by John »